Full Time and Permanent
02 634 8884
The SAP Programme Manager is responsible for the overall management of a broad range of either individual projects or a portfolio of projects throughout their respective lifecycles. You will bring detailed delivery capability and business acumen to manage large scale, high risk, strategic projects that span organizational boundaries including multiple business units and service partners/vendors. With responsibility and leadership of cross-functional teams you will ensure defined project outputs are delivered to time, budget and project quality criteria whilst ensuring adherence to SAP project management methodology practices. As well as overall delivery responsibility, it is expected that the SAP Programme Manager will provide Project Manager and Team Lead mentoring, perform Project Management Reviews and contribute to SAP’s knowledge management initiative through the communication of Lessons Learned and SAP Best Practice development.
An SAP Programme Manager must have the capability to contribute from the Bid Phase of a programme (scoping, planning, resourcing, estimation, risk assessment and production of proposal/contractual documentation) to delivering the programme to SAP’s commercial satisfaction whilst ensuring that the required level of quality and customer satisfaction are met, before closing down the programme in alignment with SAP Best Practice. You will have the ability to manage complex projects or multiple smaller projects that require coordination of work between various parties like third party sub-contractors, SAP Custom Development, SAP Global Delivery, SAP Active Global Support.
Expectations and tasks:
- Utilising the appropriate delivery model for customer projects/programmes based on SAP Activate, using a combination of Model Company, pre-defined services, on-site delivery, Global Delivery and Custom Development as needed to deliver ongoing customer success
- Responsible for scoping, planning and managing the delivery through each phase of the project/programme
- Establish and maintain project/programme governance
- Responsible for the project/programme P&L
- Determine, onboard and manage the required resources for the project/programme
- Ensure successful delivery to time, budget and quality
- Manage and maintain positive relationships with all external stakeholders from Team Lead, Project Management to C-Level as required
- Engage with SAP internal stakeholders as required
- Manage third parties as needed
- Manage SAP implementations (on-premise and cloud), upgrades, system landscape optimisations, large scale developments to successful conclusion
- Minimum of 8 years of project and programme management experience in large/very large-scale SAP ERP, high risk, or strategic projects.
- Recent experience of working with a Solution Integrator as an SAP Programme Manager
- Experience of leading Cloud based implementations (including SuccessFactors, Ariba, Concur)
- Experience in managing large and very large size teams
- Proven commercial acumen, including management of Fixed Price and Time & Materials projects
- Experience of managing on-premise, cloud and hybrid delivery models.
- Using and managing the Global Delivery model together with distributed teams
- Management of remote resources (Global Delivery or distributed organization)
- P&L of LoB in large organization is desirable
- International implementation experience desired