Contract, Full Time, and Permanent
Application Specialist – Software and Information Technology
02 634 8884
Lead Python Engineer
This role is open to expat and local candidates
The Lead Python Engineer will report directly into the Chief Data Scientist and head up an engineering team of 3 Python Developers and Cloud Engineers (AWS focused).
The primary objective of the role will be to bring the development function in synergy with the Data Science team, to allow the Data Science team to create well packaged and tested Machine Learning Algorithms.
The Lead Python Engineer will be an evangelist of solid Software Engineering practices and an advocate of TDD and BDD, with the ability to make Tech decisions / choices to improve efficiency and working closely with the Chief Data Scientist to set out the strategy and direction of the Engineering and Data Science teams going forward.
This is an incredible opportunity with a Software Engineer with experience in Python and AWS to join a team making a large impact across the organisation.
Successful candidates should have experience in the following:
- Experience writing code in Python
- Experience deploying to the Cloud, ideally with AWS
- A DevOps mindset – experience setting up CI / CD pipelines
- Experience in an Agile environment
- The ability to communicate ideas to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Excellent stakeholder management skills- proven experience working with internal and external stakeholders
- Knowledge of best practices, trends and solutions- a comprehensive understanding of current and emerging data technologies and how these can be used to gain a competitive advantage
If this is of interest get in touch today via the ‘apply’ now button.
Python * Software Engineer * Java * AWS * Cloud * Azure * GCP * Google Cloud Platform * Amazon Web Services * CI * CD * Continuous Integration * Continuous Delivery * DevOps * Agile