Full Time and Permanent
Application Specialist – Software and Information Technology
02 634 8884
Above THB160,000 /month
We have an exciting opportunity for Cognos Business Intelligence Developer to support and further develop our Business Intelligence and Analytics platform. The right candidate will exhibit strategic and critical thinking with proven Cognos Analytics development background, a sound understanding of ETL and data architecture concepts, and SQL proficiency.
- Participate in the design of analytics solutions supporting our business domains.
- Work independently with internal customers to identify information needs, define functional requirements and specifications, make recommendations, and propose solutions.
- Work with DBA, Technical Leads, and business champions to design effective database models and analytical solutions based on user requirements and strategic goals.
- Participate in the definition of the overall data warehouse architecture: ETL process, ODS, EDW, Data Marts, and Governance.
- Drive adoption of existing and new Cognos Analytics capabilities focusing on quality, performance, and sustainability.
- Design, develop, and support Analytics solutions including but not limited to dashboards, scorecards, operational and scheduled reports, ad-hoc queries, and decision support.
- Perform detailed data analysis, understand data structure and content, write complex SQL queries and stored procedures.
- Support all areas of the organization including but not limited to Accounting, Supply Services, Marketing, and Operations.
- Collaborate with business units to perform requirements analysis, project scoping, data analysis, and business logic transformation.
- Collaborate with business units to analyze business processes and identify, develop and assist in the implementation of process improvement opportunities.
- Collaborate with business units to define objectives relative to the development of reporting and analytics system specifications, and process automation.
- Design, develop, monitor, and administer ETL processes and Integrations. Verify timely ETL process execution.
- Design and implement mechanism to audit the accuracy and completeness of ETL processes and integrations.
- Contribute and adhere to BI standards and best practices for modeling, ETL, reporting, and dashboards.
- Collaborate and support system architecture, design, and platform decisions.
- Ensure high levels BI Systems availability through systems administration/support and rigorous change management.
- Participate in all phases of the SDLC: requirements, design, development, testing, and production/go live.
- Communicate task status, roadblocks, and critical matters to management promptly.
- Analyze software requirements and create reliable duration estimates for approved projects.
- Collaborate with software development teams to solve problems within BI applications and integrated applications.
- Provide level 2 support to Cognos Analytics users.
- BSCS, BSMIS or related degree or equivalent combination of education and related experience.
- Required 3+ years of experience with Cognos Business Intelligence (v10.2.x); configuration, administration, deployment, modeling, and development.
- Required 1+ years of experience with Cognos Analytics (v11.x); configuration, administration, deployment, modeling, and development.
- Experience developing analytics solution using both, relational and dimensional data sources.
- Strong understanding of ETL, Data Warehouse, and Business Intelligence concepts and best practices.
- Experience creating multi-layer Framework models.
- Experience creating Dashboards in Cognos Analytics.
- Experience creating Data Modules in Cognos Analytics.
- Experience designing, developing, and managing ETL processes.
- Required 3+ years of experience with Cognos Data Manager or DataStage.
- Working knowledge of the following DBMS: Oracle 10/11g, SQL 2008 -2016.
- Exposure to database performance techniques including aggregation, partitioning, and indexing.
- Experience with Cognos Planning Analytics (TM1) is a plus.
- Applied knowledge of the application development life cycle. Experience with both Agile and Waterfall methodologies is a plus.
- Ability to define problems, analyze data, establish facts, and quickly draw valid conclusions.
- Experience within key business domains such as sales, marketing, inventory, forecasting, and financial reports.
- Demonstrated ability to build rapport with potential and existing customers.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills, both verbal and written.
- Must be comfortable presenting ideas, solutions, and information to Management and Peers across the Organization.
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines, follow development standards, and effectively raise critical issues and provide potential solutions.
- Ability to work with technical and non-technical stakeholders to accomplish business objectives.
Open only to Thai candidates