Full Time and Permanent
Application Specialist – Software and Information Technology
02 634 8884
Salary: Above THB160,000 /month (negotiable)
The Application Architect will provide technical consulting to management, business users, and technical associates. This role provides operational, tactical, strategic direction and oversight of development. Expected to be a reliable technical professional who can handle all job responsibilities autonomously, while executing at the highest level. This role will interact with engineers, architects, DBA’s, team leads to lead continuous improvement initiatives, and mentor developers.
Knowledge & Experience
- 12+ years of IT experience.
- 12+ years working in all phases of the Software Development Lifecycle.
- 10+ years working with customers to build and formulate business requirements.
- 10+ years of object-oriented analysis and design (OOAD).
- Experience with Model View Controller (MVC) architecture integration.
- Experience with Source Control environments such as Subversion, CVS, or Git.
- Excellent knowledge of various essential business functions of an organization.
- 10+ years of experience in a Relational Database Management System, Oracle preferred.
- 10+ years of experience administering application WEB containers, Apache Tomcat, JBOSS preferred.
- Experience generating Unified Modeling Language (UML) Documentation preferred.
Strategy & Planning
- Develop and maintain high level design plan for overall logical and technical IT architecture.
- Acquire and interpret business requirements, create functional specification, and determine the most efficient and appropriate technologies.
- Develop standards for determining the designs which best meet project requirements.
- Assist in development of coding standards.
- Develop proofs of concept for technical solutions.
- Submit and review technical and process improvement recommendations as a member of the technical leadership team.
- Provide technical guidance, design expertise and leadership for web application development and general tool or component development across the organization.
- Provide technical guidance, design expertise and leadership for relational database modeling across the organization.
- Accountable for the overall application feasibility, system architecture and system integrity of project solution designs.
Acquisition & Deployment
- Perform complex programming assignments based upon established programming standards, methods, and best practices.
- Design application and database components for all sizes of development projects.
- Perform analysis of business models, logical specifications, and customer requirements to design and build solutions utilizing appropriate technologies.
- Mitigate risks associated with projects which have a high technical complexity or involve significant challenges to the business.
- Partner and collaborate with other teams to ensure proper creation, testing, and deployment of designed solutions.
- Work with configuration and change management personnel to create and refine processes.
- Recommend best practices for development activities including refining the standard local development environment for development staff.
- Assist in the discovery, investigation and resolution of production problems as required.
- Maintain and modify web applications; make approved changes to application documentation, develop detailed programming logic, and implement coding changes.
- Mentor and coach developers and Professional Apprentices.
- Train and share knowledge with development teams.
- Perform informal and formal code reviews to ensure application code meets development standards.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills.
- Exceptional ability and initiative to learn and research new concepts, ideas, and technologies quickly.
- Excellent systems/process orientation with demonstrated analytical thinking, organization skills and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Ability to quickly pick up new tools and technologies.
- Strong ability to train and teach others.
- Ability to facilitate meetings and follow up with resulting action items.
- Ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Excellent presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a multi-cultural environment, and to lead and influence cross-organizationally with and without direct authority.
- Exceptional ability to effectively move forward on tasks even with ambiguous or changing requirements.