Full Time and Permanent
Manufacturing and Manufacturing Management
60,000 - 90,000
02 634 8884
Senior Product Engineer
Our Client is the global technology leader of Automotive Part Manufacturing. Now is looking for a Senior Product Engineer to responsible for for lead problem solving design issues in existing production, Evaluating the feasibility of a product design to suite manufacturing process, common leading team efforts of engineering design, development and support of new and existing products.Products’ design review and engineering specifications of both customer and supplier. Interfaces with other departments such as design team, test, and overseas product design and product development with a global engineering team to analyze and resolve problems.
Report to: Expat. Plant Manager
- Protects product integrity by ensuring the product is conforming to design intent through product prints, specifications, processes, and control plan including oversight of production validation setup and results.
- Maintain and update engineering drawing, BOM, and specification system.
- Work with global product design and testing team for existing product or new product engineering,
- Coordinate and counsel customers and suppliers for product engineering issues.
- Lead and coordinate the activities of cost reduction (VA/VE).
- Participate APQP meeting and update the status to ensure the job is completed on time.
- Support and maintain document and procedure as per ISO/TS16949 and ISO14001 requirement.
- BOM document control.
- Train employees to enhance the product knowledge whenever the products’ design are newly developed or changed.
- Coordinate the Product Development team with Production, Purchasing, and our Customers to introduce new products and bring changes to existing products.
- Lead sample build for new model, shipment, test.
- Lead warranty claim from customer and action plan
- Engineering Change Notice / Alert communicate with customer.
- Technical review coordinates with Supplier development Engineer for new supplier source.
- Bachelor Degree in Mechanical or related engineering field.
- At least 5 years’ experience of New Product Engineer, Product Launch, Design Engineer, product development, product engineer, application engineer or technical department in the automotive industry, Powertrain/Engine preferred.
- Knowledge of engineering specification, GD&T, quality system ISO/TS16949, ISO14001, OHSAS18001
- Good understanding of engineering drawing and Bill of Materials
- Production process and lean manufacturing is preferable.
- Good leadership, team management, communication and presentation skills
- Good command of English language in reading, written and oral communication
- Self-motivated and able to work in a dynamic production environment with minimum supervision
- Able to travel aboard and work off-site will be required.