Manufacturing and Manufacturing Management
02 634 8884
Manufacturing Manager (Automotive)
We are searching for a candidate for our client the world leader in Automotive Manufacturing to work as “Manufacturing Manager” to lead improvement and supervise process engineering teams to achieve manufacturing goals and plant/customer requirement KPI, supporting all functions relating to current manufacturing processes, manpower management, new process justification and implementation, machines, equipment, tooling and working standards.
- Ensure that each plant has a global operation system strategy and road map leading to the achievement of lean processes and lean operating practices..
- Planning, organising, leading and controlling production within the responsible areas and ensuring the achievement of all related targets.
- Setting up, implementing, and maintaining all manufacturing process standards and promote a culture of continuous improvement in plant performance, quality, and customer service levels commensurate with Best Practice plant KPI’s.
- Creating a working culture where all employees can contribute and share best practice to the benefit of the operation.
- Utilising the Operational Lean Manufacturing program to implement TPM, Six Sigma and / or other Lean Manufacturing activity, as well as driving cost reduction and a cost saving culture throughout the factory.
- Maximising the efficiency of Production Lines and ensuring the effective utilisation of all resources and manpower.
- Delivering on agreed production efficiency improvements as part of the budget process and ensuring that all production requirements are dispatched on time according to our customer’s requirements.
- Coordinating and directing all activities of the manufacturing function, to include development of strategic plans and targets, scheduling & resource planning, tracking plans & results, reviewing and continuously improving team performance to achieve department objectives.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or any similar field.
- 10 years experiences within a large scale from a multicultural automotive manufacturing firm, supervising production, process engineering and facility engineering departments.
- Minimum or 5 years’ experience in the Toyota Production System or Equivalent and the ability to demonstrate a strong ability to lead change is required.
- Experience in automotive metal part processes is highly desirable.
- Understanding of productivity cost controlling and basic profit and loss.
- Management experience and strong negotiation skills with a progressive hands-on management style.
- Excellent English language skills are required in both written and verbal elements.