Bangkok and Bangna
Full Time and Permanent
Automotive and Transportation & Logistics
02 634 8884
International Custom and Trade Director
(Salary package, reflecting the experience, performance and qualifications)
Our client is the world leader in Commercial, Heavy Equipment, and Construction Vehicle business. In line with its continued growth and expansion, the company is now seeking a talent candidate as International Custom and Trade Director to lead Customs and trade relevant Process setup and management, optimize customs processes based on compliance Increase efficiency, minimize import/export lead time & reduce duty cost or efficiency improvements and ac as authority regarding trade related regulations and laws, including preferential trade programs.
Location: Bangkok Area/Bangna
- Manage customs and trade compliance & trade globally, Identify development area, plan & secure implementation of customs processes, including interfaces to other processes as well as training of relevant stakeholders.
- Cooperate closely with Customs Compliance Managers and Master Data Specialists to identify needs and opportunities to develop or implement the customs process within the regions.
- Keep informed about Logistic flow changes in the region and identify needs of customs expertize involvement in relevant logistics projects.
- Analyze Trade Data & Duty levels / FTAs analysis in depth and propose activities.
- Cooperate closely with Process Managers and Business Process Developers to agree on which investigations and implementations that should be done for the region and globally
- Translate Customs regulations and feedback from Compliance into practical business solutions
- Define and follow-up Process Implementation road-maps per region
- Develop inbound/outbound/packaging freight flows with focus on reducing customs related lead-times and costs, including provide information on possibility as well as legal requirements in utilizing duty relief programs and procedures such as Free zone/Bonded Warehouse, Inward-/Outward Processing relief, VMI set up etc.
- Secure those interfacing processes, functions and other stakeholders are consulted and has clear requirements of customs processes.
- Support in System solution developments & roll-outs for customs tools, propose improvements & contribute to strategic program
- Actively support overall company programs and policies related to Customs Compliance & Export Control.
- Develop Training packages for Customs area & Perform education within customs e.g. towards Logistic Developers or other functions.
- Thai, Degree in Logistics, International Business or Customs, Laws
- At least 10 year experienced and 5 years with Customs/Global Trade/compliance experience
- Strong knowledge of Customs and International trade processes and advisory.
- Good understanding of the Automotive, Electronic Businesses, Machinery or related, especially the Logistics set-ups in the company.
- Structured work approach with Project management skills
- Significant change management abilities
- Self-motivated, take initiatives to change process and procedures
- Demonstrated ability to work independently without direct supervision. Getting the work done
- Solid analytical and problem solving skills.